Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC)
View Sample COI and EAC Authorization Form
Please complete both forms by Sep. 3, 2018, and submit to Rachelle Muckle. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 429-5393.
EAC Submission Deadline – September 4, 2018
If you are using an official Radio Show contractor, an EAC Work Authorization Registration is not necessary.
An Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EACs) is any person or company, other than the designated "official" or "exclusive" contractors that provides a service (supervision, display installation and dismantling, advertising agencies, florists, photographers, computer firms, audio visual equipment providers, etc.) and requires access to the exhibit hall any time during installation and dismantling.
- An EAC will ONLY be granted access to the Exhibit Hall if Show Management has received the EAC Work Authorization Registration, approval from the Exhibitor and a valid Certificate of Insurance (COI). There will be no exceptions.
- Exhibiting companies must notify Show Management of any EACs who will be working on or supervising their booth no later than September 4, 2018, by completing the EAC Work Authorization Registration for each of their Exhibitor Appointed Contractors.
Please Note: No EAC will be allowed on the Exhibit Halls unless NAB Show has received the Authorization Form and a valid Certificate of Insurance, and has approved the contractor for work during the Show.
EACs are required to follow strict guidelines regarding union jurisdictions. They may hire their own union personnel to build the booth, however, all exclusive services must be completed by Freeman personnel. For insurance and safety reasons Radio Show Official Vendors must be used for the following services (no exceptions will be made):
- Material Handling/Drayage
- Booth Cleaning
- Decoator Labor
EAC Insurance Requirements
The EAC shall, at its sole cost and expense, procure and maintain through the term of the 2018 Radio Show (including Move-In and Move-Out), Workers Compensation Insurance and Comprehensive General Liability insurance against claims for bodily injury or death and property damage occurring in or upon or resulting from the premises leased by Show Management. Such insurance shall include Contractual Liability and Product Liability coverage, with the following limits:
General Liability Coverage Limits
|Products - Comp/Op Agg
|Personal and Advanced Injury
|Fire Damage (Any one fire)
|Medical Expenses (Any one person)
Worker's Compensation Insurance
- Workers Compensation and Occupational Disease insurance shall be in full compliance with all federal and state laws, covering all of the EAC's employees engaged in the performance of any work for the Exhibitor.
- Please provide Workers Compensation Insurance policy information.
- Wristbands will not be issued without Workers Compensation Insurance information.
Employers Liability Insurance
|EL - Each Limit
|EL - Disease - Policy Limit
|EL - Disease - EA Employee
|Combined Single Limit
- The Certificate of Insurance (COI) is a General Liability Insurance Certificate & Workers Compensation Certificate naming National Association of Broadcasters, Hilton Anatole and Freeman as an additional insured's.
- The COI should be emailed to email@example.com. Please do not send it via U.S. Postal Mail.
- View a sample COI here. The sections marked in red must be completed. The Show Dates range to add is 9/24/18 – 9/28/18.
Guidelines and Regulations
- EACs are to check-in onsite at Registration.
- EACs are not allowed on the Show Floor during Show hours. If an EAC needs access during Show hours they must also register as a manufacturer rep.
- All EACs must comply with all Show Rules and Regulations and accept appropriate liability for any negligent actions.
- EACs shall be prepared to show evidence to Show Management and Official Contractors that it possesses applicable and current contracts.
- Exhibitor agrees they are ultimately responsible for all services in connection with their Exhibit, including freight, material handling, rentals and labor.
- The Show aisles and public spaces are not part of the Exhibitor's booth. Therefore, the EAC is required to confine all activities to the Exhibit Space of the Exhibitor who has given the valid order for services.
- Solicitation on the Show Floor is strictly prohibited. Any EAC engaged in solicitation on the Show Floor including the distribution of official company literature will be removed from the Show Floor, unless pre-approved in writing by Show Management.
- All lifts and manpower must be provided by the Official Service Contractor.
- The use of all motorized lifting equipment by Exhibitors or EACs for installation of booth structures or signs is not permitted.
- The operation or use of mechanical material handling equipment by Exhibitors or EACs is not permitted. This also includes all mechanical scooters or carts.